The Assistant Director works alongside the Executive Director to help the community and its businesses grow. The setting is fun, fast-paced, up-beat and self-led with a focus on collaboration and support. The ideal candidate will be proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office/365, Google apps, Social Media such as Facebook and Instagram, be detail oriented, and willing to learn and appreciate lifelong learning. Additional skills in Adobe Creative Cloud would be a plus. This position is 35-38 hours per week and candidate must be able to lift 40 pounds.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES may include, but are not limited to:
Self-motivated, self-confident, results oriented individual with the ability to manage several task simultaneously and work in abstract environments. Must show demonstrated success in events management; excellent negotiation skills, strong sense of urgency, excellent verbal and written communication skills; exceptional customer service skills and professional, mature attitude with ability to remain calm under pressure.
* Answering phones, greeting and assisting visitors, and required mailings.
* Organizing and working events as well as assisting with marketing and promoting. Some nights and weekends may be required.
* Duties specific to the effective functioning of the many Chamber committees including reminder calls, meeting packets, minutes, event activities, etc.
* Bookkeeping, billings and collections, maintenance and upkeep of data bases and membership records, daily financial deposits and monthly account reconciling as well as tax forms, preparation and payroll.
* Receptionist, clerical, secretarial, and general office duties as assigned.
* Coordinating the Weekly Bulletin and mailing it out as well as managing subscribers for the bulletin and weekly e-blast.
* Visiting with members and creating a supportive atmosphere to help them grow.
The Assistant Director is directly responsible to the Executive Director for the overall administration of the internal operations of the Chamber, including such areas as purchasing, housekeeping and secretarial functions. He/she will keep the Executive Director informed at all times of the financial record keeping and reports of the Chamber.
The Assistant Director will have extensive contact with business leaders and the general public by phone and in person. He/she will also have extensive contact with all Chamber members and committee members.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 200 E. Main, Manchester, IA 52057. The position will remain open until filled.